We have been talking a lot lately about the power of blogging and how you can get more leverage from your posts. I have to admit, this has definitely been one of my longer Power Hour series’, mainly because I jumped into this headfirst before I even had my ‘stopping point’ decided. I do this a lot, sometimes I just get so darn excited about connecting with and helping my community that I just go for it. Anyway, I am really excited to say that I have turned my blog posts into a report and gotten everything set up so that I can get traffic coming to it. So now these blog posts are going to serve as a free gift that I can give to my readers and help create more engagement. I am really proud of this, and really excited to think about how doing this over and over is going to benefit my Google love, give my affiliates free gifts they can promote for me, and much more.
Today that Report is Ready…and It’s My Gift to You
Here’s a Recap of What I did, in Case You Want to Do It Too.
Over in my Facebook group I started a challenge earlier this year. I called it ‘Bringing Blogging Back’. The purpose here was to take the downtime that a lot of us were experiencing and make the most of that time to help our audience, while still growing our reach. In a nutshell I committed to blogging once a week for the next 5 weeks. Since my sales were down my hope was that this would be a great way for me to keep my readers happy while still making products that will serve me in the long run.
Think About this for a Second…..
You spend roughly a half hour a week creating a blog post. Not just any blog post, a post that was created based on something that you have already done, a post that isn’t just simple to create, it is ‘stupid simple’. This is content that you use by creating a template and using that template over and over again for your future posts. And then you take a group of these posts and use that to create a free gift for your readers. But wait, that’s not all….that free gift can lead your readers through an email series where you promote things, that free gift can be promoted by your affiliates, and that free gift can be blasted out on social media anytime you wish so that you can get a bit more leverage out of it. Like other digital products you did the work once and now it is going to serve you over and over again. Sweet huh?
What Did I Do After the Posts?:
- Copied everything into a word document
- Added a header, footer, title page, table of contents
- Added About Me, Resources, and Next Steps pages
- Turned this into a PDF
- Uploaded to my shopping cart
- Created a product page on my site for the product (but the product is listed as free instead of a cost)
- Went about my day (it’s rainy today and I have a huge candy bar from Christmas that I am working on instead of leaving the comfort of my blanket).
A Few Things of Note:
- Turn your report into a PDF before releasing it
- Make sure your audience knows it is for personal use only
- Create a cover image and have screenshot of the whole report
- To make the readers like your product a bit more, tell them what the product should cost (even though it is free for them)
Grab Your Free Gift: https://www.useplr.com/2020/06/5-power-hours-that-will-change-your-business/